Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Beautiful Morning!

I am glad to be writing again. I have spent the better part of the last eighteen months avoiding the writing portion of the blogosphere. I have a previous blog called classroom change, which I was very proud of and spent the better part of a year writing and contributing to the educational conversation that was occurring online. I feel I had a modest audience, and was interacting with what may be termed as some of the world's preeminent educational technologist. However, I have let that blog go dormant, where I will let it remain. It has served its purpose in providing me a great start into the read/write web. Since then, I have continued to develop a greater personal understanding of what is occurring and how the future may be impacted. Like some twenty something, needing to go see the Grand Canyon, or a trappist monk seeking peace and understanding in the solitude of Kentucky, I decided to take a break, and travel the educational technologist highway, hitch hiking across the internet in search of some greater enlightenment. I always loved the discussion occurring online regarding the transformative influence technology was having on our world; however, I felt the personal need to provide something of substance and reason.
Thus, I am brought to this moment, in the hopes of compiling a meaningful, thought provoking, dialogue about the future of our world’s educational environment. I am fully anticipating this dialogue crossing over into social, economic, political, technological, pedagogical, and cultural realms of society. In the end, I hold a tremendous amount of hope that any and all conversation will

No comments: